OD&D / 3LBB Retroclone Comparison

I decided to make a spreadsheet with semi-arbitrary categories to compare the different retroclones. I also included mine in the work for the sake of it (Castles & Towers). I only took some that I already possessed or that could be found freely on the net.

Note that I didn't copy-paste the tables in Blogger because the default formatting is horrible. Hence, sorry for the small font image. My suggestion would be to download and zoom it.
I hope this can help people.

Comments

  1. This chart is wonderful.
    It's an interesting take on your mental checklist about what features deserve checking, too!
    For me, it's a ton of information to think about, presented usefully.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I'm guessing most people will look at the fighter entry and be bamboozled. But to me it makes the most sense: it's the default adventurer and it's the only class that didn't drastically changed throughout the edition, therefore it's the best comparison point.

      Delete
  2. This is great. If you update the chart you might consider including Iron Falcon, Sword and Spell, and Spellcraft and Swordplay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I'm seeing is the image that is fuzzy when you try to zoom in. Where can the table be downloaded, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for this! I will check it out and put it elsewhere, maybe straight up in Google Sheet to share.

      Delete
    2. Great. Is it available in Google Sheets now?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts